Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Campbelltown : 2-11 Aug 2013
Oz Idol @ Macarthur Has Talent 2013
This annual talent quest now in its 5th year at The Wizard of Oz Funland aims to unearth and showcase the region's hidden talents and give young residents an opportunity to shine.
The Funland is once again calling all dancers, musicians, singers, speciality acts, solos, duos, bands and groups to register for the event. There are limited spaces so people are encouraged to enter early to secure a spot. The competition is open to those aged 6 to 18. There will once again be a special Talented Tots section for the little 'uns 5 and under.
Last year, Macarthur Has Talent attracted a strong responseof over 250 entries. An enthusiastic audience turnout coupled with support from other local businesses guaranteed that the event would continue annually.
"This is your chance to get behind our local young people and show your support. Their talent is really inspiring and I can't wait to watch another year's Grand Final", Cr Fred Borg, Guest of Honour & Chairperson, 24 Hour Fight Against Cancer Macarthur said.
How to enter: Download the the entry form and send it to us before August 5th.
Competition: Judged in 3 age groups 5yrs & below, 6 to 10yrs, 11 to 18yrs.
- 2 Awards in every category;
- The Wizard of Oz Funland ROLLING TROPHY for Outstanding Overall Solo Performer across all categories;
- Dr Shan Visvalingam ROLLING TROPHY for Outstanding Overall Group Performer across all categories;
- Facebook AUDIENCE FAVOURITE TROPHY for Performer with the most 'Likes' on Facebook.;
- Participation Certificates for all.
The Wizard of Oz Funland is a unique, first-of-its-kind centre in Australia that was started:
- To provide a very interactive, vibrant, creative and fun indoor space that could engage the whole family at rates affordable to the larger community;
- To provide both performance & educational opportunities to local talent;
- To develop into a useful, moving community hub.
The Funland is home of The Wizard of Oz Show that has done over 3500 performances worldwide and was honoured with strong endorsements by the Baum family & last living Munchkins in America.
The Funland was set up by the Laul family as an extension of their work among the community. Apart from being a popular play and party centre, it has grown into a hive of local community participation with a large multicultural agenda. It proudly supports 24 Hour Fight Against Cancer.